Friday, January 17, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 2 (Tips)

 
I have an Apple iPhone 4 running iOS 7. Many of the iOS 7 tips are lost on me and my phone, because we are a step behind Siri (That #$%&!) and two steps behind the significantly-upgraded camera. This presents an interesting situation that I am seeing with some of our library users who possess older or off-brand tablet technologies. The "Haves and Have-Nots" situation in regard to access to technology (and, thus, library e-resources) isn't even as simple as some people have devices and others do not; some people have the devices that they can afford or that they inherited or that they cannot afford to replace quite yet with the latest and greatest model. There's a disparity in access to resources based on the model and age of device one has access to.

There are some things I have been learning as I go along with iOS and exploring features and functions in the settings. However, I have to realize that my device is the oldest device iOS 7 works on, and, therefore, I am going to be missing out on some of the cool features available. I am also going to be encountering more issues with my older, slower phone. Luckily, in as much as one can have it with an iPhone 4 running iOS 7, there are tips and techniques to deal with those issues: http://readwrite.com/2013/10/15/ios-7-fixes-iphone-4-4s#awesm=~otdHhSl4GAdrAV

You are missed, iOS 6.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment