Thursday, May 1, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 10 (Sharing Photos)

Today, we learn . . . 

Instagram - I have a sometimes-used Instagram account, because I tend to share most (okay, all) of my pictures unfiltered through Facebook. (Seriously, have you seen my cat? She doesn't need to be filtered.) I find that Instagram, like some of the previously-explored apps like Flipboard, are for people who are strongly visual people, people who are visual learners, people who are visually literate, people who are visually artistic, and that's great. I tend not to be so strong in my visual skills, and I get easily overwhelmed with the onslaught of imagery on Instagram. However, that being said, I do like the effect some of the filters have on my pictures, and I like being able to share "artsy" shots back and forth with friends. This is my long-standing favorite of my personal Instagram photos:
I've heard of the new trend of "shelfies," and I have to say I'm rather fond of the idea for marketing library materials, especially read-/view-/listen-alikes.

Snapchat - Snapchat seems to be visual ephemera shared among friends. I use it to keep in touch with two friends of mine, Marie and Ryan. It feels a little like the e-photo equivalent of passing notes in school. I'm not the biggest fan of Snapchat, but I am a fan of both Marie and Ryan, so I'll keep using it. I have a feeling this is an app that drives people who are curators to their core absolutely bonkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment