Thursday, May 1, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 9 (Taking & Editing Photos)


Picture of superstar feline extraordinaire, Miss Zelda Miervaldis, taken by me but newly created with Aviary
("Dean" effect, "Grit" frame, two stars, and some text)

And, now, we've come to it. Thing 9 has provided use with more tools (and more excuses) to add to the vast collection of Internet cat pictures. (You're welcome, rest of humanity.)

Aviary - Fairly easy and straightforward to use. Unfortunately, no undo button as I could find. I am familiar with the filters through using Pic Stitch, which has the same filters with the same names. (I'll extol the virtues of Pic Stitch in a bit.) Here is another example of a photo creation using Aviary:

It's like micro-scrapbooking for techy (or lazy) people! 

LINE Camera - I had trouble creating and finding my first photo edit. This:
By this point, I was getting overwhelmed with possibilities for photo editing and manipulation, so I wanted to do something simple and create a collage:
LINE Camera is also straightforward and easy-to-use. There are plenty of opportunities to delete and reselect photos in the respective collage spots without having to scrap the whole collage, unlike Pic Stitch.

Pic Stitch - My friend Susan introduced me to this app, and it's maybe my favorite one because it combines filters and collages. I made a couple of mini-collages, complete with assorted filtered photos, from my library school BFF Gillian's and my vacation last year to Virginia Beach:
Did I mention photo editing apps might be great micro-scrapbooking for the tech-savvy or lazy? Definitely. 





No comments:

Post a Comment