Monday, June 16, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 22 (Discovering Apps)

When I'm looking to learn about new apps, paid or free, I like to look for "Best of . . . " lists from sources like CNET or PC Magazine. Those are the places I discovered some of my favorite and most used everyday apps, especially MyFitnessPal, Grocery iQ, and Mint

For people who are on a budget and who may not want to purchase an app for their rapidly-becoming-out-of-date iPhone 4, I would highly recommend the 50 Best Free iPhone Apps feature from PC Magazine. There are a lot of really great apps tested out by tech experts and given reviews. One can pick and choose the free apps most relevant to them, try them out, then keep or delete. Some of the apps are pretty obvious choices (Gmail, IMDB, Google Translate, Shazam), but some of them offer otherwise-unknown gems (like GAIN Fitness for people who might need something a little more motivating than MyFitness Pal).

No comments:

Post a Comment