Monday, June 2, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 14 (Videos)

I guess Zelda is now an action movie star.

I chose to try out Vine, because I know it's a very popular social video app/site/what-have-you. The videos are short, great for people who can convey something visually and succinctly and great for people with short attention spans. I can see using this for memorable bits and pieces of a library program, and, if one has good timing, one can probably catch some of those memorable moments. I do like the editing features in Vine, and that's great for doing a short clip to convey the spirit of something like a program. I wonder if a library could do a book summary or "guess the plot" Vine; six seconds is not a lot of time to convey a message. If a library does Vine well, I can see it being a successful viral marketing gimmick, but, otherwise, it might just be something people scroll past. Like subpar cat videos.

It's hard to film and hold a laser pointer at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment